Martínez de Hoz: ¿neoliberal o desarrollista? The Argentine ruling class against the economic program implemented during the last Argentine dictatorship, 1976-1981
Keywords:Economic policy, liberalism, agricultural bourgeoisie, industrial bourgeoisie
40 years after his passage through the Ministry of Economy, during the last military dictatorship in Argentina, the management of Martinez de Hoz continues to arouse controversy. Did he lead a program of neoliberal reforms or beyond his preaching, kept the protectionist barriers of a closed economy for the benefit of an industrial bourgeoisie oriented to the internal market? In this article we propose to return to a transited topic of economic historiography with an original hypothesis: Martínez de Hoz carried out a plan coherent with the interests of the big industrial Argentinian bourgeoisie, which could not be liberal (like the bourgeoisie agricultural), but neither “populist” (like the smaller industrialists). To corroborate our hypothesis we will analyze the economic proposals of these factions of the bourgeoisie and its relation with the policy implemented by Martínez de Hoz.
I, ____________________________________________, author of the work and/ or article, adult, residing in the city of _________________, bearing the Identity Card/Passport n.° ______________________, issued in _______________________, in command of his/her/their physical and mental faculties, party hereinafter referred to as AUTHOR, signs the following authorization so the reproduction, publication, communication and distribution of the work can be done, under the following terms:
1. That, regardless of existing legal regulations due to the relationship of the parties to this contract, and any other existing legal presumption, the parties agree that the AUTHOR authorizes the Universidad del Norte, with the purpose of reproduce, publish, communicate and distribute the material called in the Revista de Economía del Caribe.
2. That such authorization apply to the copyright of the work, by any means, known or to be known, the public communication of the work, and the distribution of the work, directly or by third parties, purely educational purposes.
3. The AUTHOR undertakes to inform and declare the existence of this authorization and to preserve the right of the journal Revista de Economía del Caribe to the first publication of the work.
4. The AUTHOR states that the article is original and his/her/their exclusive creation, there being no impediment of any kind for the authorization he/she/they is/are giving, responding thereto by any action: claim, plagiarism or any other type of complaint that might arise about.
5. That such authorization is granted for free.
6. The moral rights of the author on the article correspond exclusively to the AUTHOR, in virtue of which, the Universidad del Norte agrees to expressly and rigorously recognize and respect them.