Economic growth and human development in Colombia (2000 – 2010)
Keywords:Economic Growth, human development, gini coefficient, human development index, poverty
This research presents a description and analysis of the gross domestic product (GDP) and the behavior of the indicators of inequality, standard of living and poverty. In this way, we made an analysis, which allows determining the impact generated by the growth of the GDP on human development in Colombia, during the period from 2000 to 2010. The results of this research show that during the Decade, the growth of GDP did not reflect a reduction of levels of poverty in the same proportion, thus showing that persists. Similarly, in the distribution of wealth, the comparative analysis of the GINI coefficient shows that Colombia is still above the average for Latin America.
I, ____________________________________________, author of the work and/ or article, adult, residing in the city of _________________, bearing the Identity Card/Passport n.° ______________________, issued in _______________________, in command of his/her/their physical and mental faculties, party hereinafter referred to as AUTHOR, signs the following authorization so the reproduction, publication, communication and distribution of the work can be done, under the following terms:
1. That, regardless of existing legal regulations due to the relationship of the parties to this contract, and any other existing legal presumption, the parties agree that the AUTHOR authorizes the Universidad del Norte, with the purpose of reproduce, publish, communicate and distribute the material called in the Revista de Economía del Caribe.
2. That such authorization apply to the copyright of the work, by any means, known or to be known, the public communication of the work, and the distribution of the work, directly or by third parties, purely educational purposes.
3. The AUTHOR undertakes to inform and declare the existence of this authorization and to preserve the right of the journal Revista de Economía del Caribe to the first publication of the work.
4. The AUTHOR states that the article is original and his/her/their exclusive creation, there being no impediment of any kind for the authorization he/she/they is/are giving, responding thereto by any action: claim, plagiarism or any other type of complaint that might arise about.
5. That such authorization is granted for free.
6. The moral rights of the author on the article correspond exclusively to the AUTHOR, in virtue of which, the Universidad del Norte agrees to expressly and rigorously recognize and respect them.