Factors associated with education and labor exclusion of colombian teenagers
Keywords:Adolescence, work and education, double inactivity condition (NEET), Colombia
AbstractAdolescence is a critical stage in the life cycle of young people because they experience events that shape their preparation for future social integration. Human capital accumulation, either through participation in the educational system or the labor market is considered crucial for the future wellbeing of young people. This paper analyzes which factors are associated with the vulnerability of Colombian adolescents doubly excluded, which are classified in three types of NEET: job seekers, household activities and others. For this purpose, we use a multinomial logistic analysis by gender to estimate what factors affect the probability of belonging to each of the possible types of Colombian NEET. Results indicate that teenagers who neither study nor work show significant differentiation by gender. In particular, women maintain intra-family roles that limit equal educational opportunities and occupational paths.
I, ____________________________________________, author of the work and/ or article, adult, residing in the city of _________________, bearing the Identity Card/Passport n.° ______________________, issued in _______________________, in command of his/her/their physical and mental faculties, party hereinafter referred to as AUTHOR, signs the following authorization so the reproduction, publication, communication and distribution of the work can be done, under the following terms:
1. That, regardless of existing legal regulations due to the relationship of the parties to this contract, and any other existing legal presumption, the parties agree that the AUTHOR authorizes the Universidad del Norte, with the purpose of reproduce, publish, communicate and distribute the material called in the Revista de Economía del Caribe.
2. That such authorization apply to the copyright of the work, by any means, known or to be known, the public communication of the work, and the distribution of the work, directly or by third parties, purely educational purposes.
3. The AUTHOR undertakes to inform and declare the existence of this authorization and to preserve the right of the journal Revista de Economía del Caribe to the first publication of the work.
4. The AUTHOR states that the article is original and his/her/their exclusive creation, there being no impediment of any kind for the authorization he/she/they is/are giving, responding thereto by any action: claim, plagiarism or any other type of complaint that might arise about.
5. That such authorization is granted for free.
6. The moral rights of the author on the article correspond exclusively to the AUTHOR, in virtue of which, the Universidad del Norte agrees to expressly and rigorously recognize and respect them.