Labor force participation of people aged 60 years old and above in Colombia
Keywords:labor participation, third age, logit regression model
AbstractIn Colombia, as in many developing countries, general trends on employment of elderly people show that labor force participation rates have increased in recent decades. The aim of this study is to identify factors related to participation in the labor force of the adult population aged 60 years and above. Using the Great Integrated Household Survey (GEIH) 2014, logistic regression model was estimated. The probability that the adults 60 years and above work increases when they have characteristics such as being male, head of household or hold university education, and is greatly reduced when they receive retirement income.
I, ____________________________________________, author of the work and/ or article, adult, residing in the city of _________________, bearing the Identity Card/Passport n.° ______________________, issued in _______________________, in command of his/her/their physical and mental faculties, party hereinafter referred to as AUTHOR, signs the following authorization so the reproduction, publication, communication and distribution of the work can be done, under the following terms:
1. That, regardless of existing legal regulations due to the relationship of the parties to this contract, and any other existing legal presumption, the parties agree that the AUTHOR authorizes the Universidad del Norte, with the purpose of reproduce, publish, communicate and distribute the material called in the Revista de Economía del Caribe.
2. That such authorization apply to the copyright of the work, by any means, known or to be known, the public communication of the work, and the distribution of the work, directly or by third parties, purely educational purposes.
3. The AUTHOR undertakes to inform and declare the existence of this authorization and to preserve the right of the journal Revista de Economía del Caribe to the first publication of the work.
4. The AUTHOR states that the article is original and his/her/their exclusive creation, there being no impediment of any kind for the authorization he/she/they is/are giving, responding thereto by any action: claim, plagiarism or any other type of complaint that might arise about.
5. That such authorization is granted for free.
6. The moral rights of the author on the article correspond exclusively to the AUTHOR, in virtue of which, the Universidad del Norte agrees to expressly and rigorously recognize and respect them.