Job satisfaction in times of pandemic: the case of university professors in the health area
Keywords:Covid-19, Job satisfaction, University teacher, Mexico
This article explores the academics' Job Satisfaction of the Health Unit of the Universidad Juárez Autónoma de Tabasco (UJAT) during confinement for COVID-19 during the months of March to July 2020. The results of the Confirmatory Factor Analysis show that four latent variables emerge: variety of skills, autonomy at work, socialization and working conditions. These latent variables are hypothesized as the cause of the values obtained in the indicators considered in the questionnaire applied to teachers. Furthermore, it was found that the correlation between the three latent variables mentioned above and objectively measured job satisfaction is positive and highly significant, while the correlation with the latent variable Working Conditions is low, a result influenced by external changes (workplace).
I, ____________________________________________, author of the work and/ or article, adult, residing in the city of _________________, bearing the Identity Card/Passport n.° ______________________, issued in _______________________, in command of his/her/their physical and mental faculties, party hereinafter referred to as AUTHOR, signs the following authorization so the reproduction, publication, communication and distribution of the work can be done, under the following terms:
1. That, regardless of existing legal regulations due to the relationship of the parties to this contract, and any other existing legal presumption, the parties agree that the AUTHOR authorizes the Universidad del Norte, with the purpose of reproduce, publish, communicate and distribute the material called in the Revista de Economía del Caribe.
2. That such authorization apply to the copyright of the work, by any means, known or to be known, the public communication of the work, and the distribution of the work, directly or by third parties, purely educational purposes.
3. The AUTHOR undertakes to inform and declare the existence of this authorization and to preserve the right of the journal Revista de Economía del Caribe to the first publication of the work.
4. The AUTHOR states that the article is original and his/her/their exclusive creation, there being no impediment of any kind for the authorization he/she/they is/are giving, responding thereto by any action: claim, plagiarism or any other type of complaint that might arise about.
5. That such authorization is granted for free.
6. The moral rights of the author on the article correspond exclusively to the AUTHOR, in virtue of which, the Universidad del Norte agrees to expressly and rigorously recognize and respect them.